The new HP Z1 Workstation is the world’s first all-in-one workstation. Similar to other HP Workstation models, the HP Z1 Workstation has parts that can be easily upgraded since the internal design of the PC features modular bays or parts that can be taken out and replaced easily without needing any tools.
It also features an unusual design as the display of the new HP Z1 Workstation snaps open like an attaché case for easy access of parts that need upgrading or changing.
“As the workstation industry leader, HP continues to invest in technology that allows our customers to push the limits of innovation,” said Albert Mateo, HP Philippines general manager for Personal Systems Group. “Our investments in R&D and technology have led to workstations that meet and exceed the needs of the world’s most demanding customers.”
The HP Z1 workstation is a real workhorse but features a small footprint that will benefit small offices of today. As a high performing PC, it is fitted with quad-core Intel Xeon processors, ECC memory, NVIDIA Quadro graphics, support for more than 1 billion colors and HP’s world-class reliability.
It is intended for use by computer-aided design, digital media and entertainment professionals as the HP Workstation Z1 offers a full range of workstation-class graphics cards and processors, and is thoroughly tested and certified to work with today’s leading industry applications.
As to applications, the HZ Z1 Workstation comes preloaded with HP Remote Graphics Software, which allows users to collaborate remotely on a project. Users can work remotely while still accessing the high-performance 2-D, 3-D, video and media-rich applications.
The HP Performance Advisor, on the other hand, provides a consolidated report of the workstation’s hardware and software configuration that can be used to tune the workstation for specifically professional application workloads with just one click.
“The revolutionary HP Z1 sets a new industry standard for workstation design, performance and serviceability,” said Bernard Chua, Market Development Manager for HP Workstations. “With its game-changing design and an experience that optimizes visual and computing performance, the HP Z1 will help attract new customers and expand our market leadership.”
HP Z1 Workstation features:
• Workstation performance. Features professional NVIDIA Quadro graphics, ECC memory, quad-core Intel® Xeon® processors,(2) independent software vendor solutions and whisper-quiet acoustics.
• Tool-less chassis. Users can easily add a hard drive, upgrade memory or access the graphics card by snapping open the chassis to swap out parts.
• Workstation-class storage. Users can choose from a variety of storage types, including 7.2K and 10K SATA, SSD, optional RAID configurations, removable drives (AMO), a multiformat media card reader and optical drives including a slot-load Blu-ray Writer.
• Professional display. The 27-inch diagonal wide LED display supports more than 1 billion colors and features a wide, 178-degree viewing angle and an in-plane switching (IPS) panel.
• High-fidelity audio and HD Webcam
Watch video below on how the HP Z1 Workstation opens up: