As of December 2013, Microsoft has 200,000 apps available for download in the Windows Phone Store. Those numbers are huge, but the company still plays catch-up to Android or iOS when it comes to number of available apps, particularly popular ones that get people addicted.
As part of its effort to draw people into its apps store, especially on Valentine’s Day, Microsoft culled a list of apps that will surely be useful on V Day.
• Foursquare offers great suggestions from over 30 million people. Recommendations, of course, include the newest romantic restaurants, bars and sights on the block, with directions and photos to help you along.
• Epicurious features thousands of recipes that will help you prepare the perfect dish for that romantic dinner. Search more than 30,000 delicious, professionally created recipes from Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Self, and renowned chefs and cookbooks.
• 8tracks Radio.Set allows you to customize appropriate playlist on your Windows device and to find every kind of song and playlist that will help you reminisce or set the mood for love. With 8tracks you can pick from more than 1 million fresh, free playlists, each curated by someone who knows and loves music.
• The Game of Life. Settling down into each other’s company for life requires a lot of planning and consideration. This classic board game allows both of you to live out your imagination and test your future. Will you play it safe or live on the edge? Settle down and get married? Stay single and indulge in lavish luxuries and risky investments? The possibilities are endless.
• Photo Booth Pro. Capture the night’s most unforgettable moments and make them last forever with the help of your Windows device. With 24 photo effects to apply on your shots, you’ll be sure to be spending hours taking couple “selfies” that are bound to put a smile on your faces. Photo Booth Pro is available on Windows phones 8 and other Windows 8 devices.
• Skype.Just because your other half lives a thousand miles away doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate Valentine’s Day together. Take-out the same cuisine, light a candle, dress up a little, and you’re ready for your Skype dinner date! Keep the love alive over long distances. Get together usingSkype to Skype video and voice calls with your significant other on the other side of the world.