BlackBerry Z3, the latest smartphone from Canadian company BlackBerry, is now available in the Philippines and will be carried by BlackBerry authorized partners across the country. It will carry a retail price of Php10,990, which is way too low compared to previous prices of older BlackBerry smartphones when they were introduced in the country.
BlackBerry Z3 sports a 5-inch touch display and runs on the latest BlackBerry OS (BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1) that can already launch and run Android apps.
BlackBerry Z3 touts long battery life apart from stylish-slash-premium appearance—a trait BlackBerry is known for.
Following the design and user philosophy of the high-end BlackBerry smartphones before it, the BlackBerry Z3 offers the following features:
- BlackBerry Hub – The ever present BlackBerry Hub lets you access all your work and personal email, BBM, text messages, social media updates and notifications in one place, with the ability to “peek” into the BlackBerry Hub from anywhere, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you. The Hub can be customized to identify priority messages and to filter the message list by various criteria that you can then activate with a simple pinch gesture.
- BBM – BBM on the BlackBerry Z3 includes all the latest features of the popular mobile social network. You get BBM voice and video chatting with Screen Share and support for BlackBerry Natural Sound, letting you hear nuances and variations in tone in a BBM Voice chat, and making the conversation sound like you’re in the same room.
- BlackBerry Keyboard – The BlackBerry Keyboard learns what words you use and how you use them, then offers them up to you so you can type faster and more accurately. It gives you the best Filipino typing experience on a touchscreen, complete with multi-language support that lets you type in up to three different languages at the same time.
- Time Shift & Story Maker – The BlackBerry Z3’s astonishing Time Shift camera feature lets you capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open. You can also use Story Maker to bring a collection of photos and videos together, along with music and effects, to produce an HD movie that you can instantly share on YouTube.
- BlackBerry 10 Browser – The BlackBerry 10 browser sets the industry benchmark for HTML5 performance on smartphones, and is incredibly fast, with fluid and responsive scrolling and zooming. The browser includes many advanced features, supports multiple tabs, lets you browse sites privately, includes a reader mode, and integrates with the platform for easily sharing content. You can even save web pages for later viewing.
- Instant Previews & Reply Now – Be more timely and responsive with Instant Previews that bring BBM, SMS and email message to you no matter what you are doing on your BlackBerry Z3. You can even reply to your BBM or SMS messages in any app, or swipe to the BlackBerry Hub to respond. If you get a phone call that you can’t answer right way, you can instantly silence the call and send a Reply Now response through BBM, SMS or email to let the caller know you’re busy.
- Fast, Easy Sharing – The BlackBerry Z3 learns how you share and who you share with, helping you reduce the number of steps and amount of time it takes to get your files, photos, or documents to where they need to go. Touching “share” in any app provides suggestions on who and how to share your files based on who you’ve shared with in the past, and the feature only gets smarter the more you use it.
- FM Radio – The new BlackBerry Z3 includes a built-in FM radio. You can listen to local FM stations, which does not require any network connection.
Cameron Vernest, managing director for Singapore and the Philippines at BlackBerry said, “The Philippines is a key market for BlackBerry Z3 and we are excited to be working with our partners to bring this new BlackBerry to our loyal Filipino customers. This device gives users more ways to connect, share and communicate, providing the best tool for secure, reliable communications and collaboration with friends, family and co-workers. Priced affordably, the BlackBerry Z3 will extend the full capabilities of the BlackBerry 10 Operating System version 10.2.1 experience for a new generation of customers in the Philippines.”
For more information about the BlackBerry Z3, please visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryz3.