Sony has announced the availability in the Philippines of its flagship smartphone the Sony Xperia Z1, a slim waterproof five-inch LTE smartphone that has tempered glass on the front and backside. The latter design philosophy, including the solid one-piece aluminium frame and the circular metallic silver power button on the side, is evident among the Xperia Z family of waterproof phones.
Sony Xperia Z1, which also highlights NFC technology as a feature, is officially available today and comes with an SRP of Php36,990.
As a flagship premium device, the Sony Xperia Z1 combines all the best features of Sony smartphone technology plus other technological feats found in other Sony products, such as Sony camera, Bravia TV and music players.
Sony Xperia Z1’s top feature is its 20.7 megapixel camera. This camera smartphone features Sony’s award-winning “G Lens”, large 1/2.3-type 20.7MP “Exmor RS for mobile” CMOS image sensor, and “BIONZ for mobile” image processing engine.
The lens already comes with a 27mm wide angle and bright F2.0 aperture, while the large CMOS image sensor is custom made and comes with Exmor RS for mobile (stabilization feature). And of course, its latest BIONZ technology results in faster autofocus and processing of images.
With such camera hardware specs, Sony Xperia Z1 wonderfully captures beautiful, sharp and bright images even in low light conditions. High shutter speeds and 3x clear image zoom also prevents shots from being blurred while enabling them to be captured at distance.
And since the Sony Xperia Z1 is a waterproof phone (up to 1.5 meters) and dust proof, think about the possibilities of getting sharp images underwater while having fun in a pool with friends.
In addition to the notable camera hardware specs, the device also comes with Xperia Camera Applications. Applications at launch include:
• Social live: Broadcast precious moments live from Xperia Z1 to Facebook and get your friends’ comments right on your screen.
• Info-eye: Innovative visual search function that provides related information on landmarks and on items such as books or wine simply by capturing them with the camera.
• Timeshift burst: Capture the perfect shot every time – Xperia Z1 takes 61 images in 2 seconds – a second before and after pressing the shutter – so you can scroll back and forth to find the perfect image.
• AR effect: Overlay a selection of fun, customizable animations to create pictures using Sony’s SmartARTM augmented reality technology.
Sony Xperia Z1 features inherited from other Sony products include TRILUMINOS Display for mobile, creating a wider palette of rich natural colours for an immersive viewing experience. The flagship device also features ClearAudio+ which automatically optimises the audio experience without the need to adjust individual settings.
Sony Xperia Z1, similar to the current roster of Sony products, emphasizes on the use of NFC to support an ecosystem of innovative companion products and accessories. Sony has been very vocal about its “one-touch” campaign, which underscores the use of NFC function to share features among a wide array of Sony products. Sony’s one-touch functions with NFC technology which will number approximately 100 compatible products by the end of the year including TVs, headphones, audio speakers, tablets, and more. Key products include:
• QX10/QX100: High-performance ‘lens-style’ cameras designed for mounting on smartphones and operated through the smartphone screen – a perfect partner for the Z1.
• SmartWatch 2 – Use as a second screen for Xperia Z1. Read messages, handle calls, easily access notifications – all from your wrist. Trigger the Xperia Z1 camera shutter. Download other camera apps to enhance the Xperia Z1 experience. Sony is working closely with developers for even more optimised apps
• SBH52 Smart Bluetooth Handset – Splash proof wireless audio accessory that enables you to listen and talk without taking out your smartphone.
Sony Xperia Z1 features the fully integrated Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPU and 4G LTE to provide a seamless connected entertainment experience, industry leading battery performance and amazing speed. The Xperia Z1 also includes a 3000 mAh battery for a high battery performance.
For more information, visit the nearest Sony store or authorized dealer now or log on to www.sony.com.ph; like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SonyPhilippines; and follow us on twitter: @SonyPHInc.
Sony Xperia Z1 photos: