In the first 24 hours since its global launch on July 29, Windows 10 has been installed in 14 million devices according to Microsoft.
Windows 10 is the latest Microsoft OS that combined the best elements found in Windows 7 and Windows 8 such as a redesigned Start Menu and live tiles. It also now include new browser called Edge and a virtual assistant Cortana, which provides notifications and suggestions. The virtual assistant learns the user’s preference over time.
Windows 10, which runs on PC, tablet and smartphone (no more separate iteration for tablet and smartphone), is available in 190 countries around the world including the Philippines as a free upgrade for eligible Windows 7 and 8.1 devices or with new PCs and tablets.
The most secure Windows ever, Windows 10 is delivered as a service and kept automatically up-to-date with innovations and security updates. Windows 10 offers one experience that will become available on the broadest range of devices with more than 2,000 devices or configurations already in testing.
Along with the launch of the new OS, Microsoft also made available the new Windows Store and Windows Software Development Kit.
According to Microsoft, Windows 10 is the “Best Windows ever.”
Apart from the new features, Windows 10 is the most secure Windows Microsoft has ever released. It comes with enhancements to Windows Defender, which include the presence of the SmartScreen to help safeguard against viruses, malware and phishing. New innovations like Windows Hello offers a fast, secured, password-free way to log in. Keeping up-to-date is also simple, as free updates will help people stay current with the latest features and security updates for the lifetime of the device.
Windows 10 accepts voice, pen and gesture inputs for natural interaction with PC’s. It’s designed to work with Office and Skype perfectly and allows you to switch between apps and stay organized with Snap and Task View.
Windows 10 features:
- Cortana, the personal digital assistant, makes it easy to find the right information at the right time.
- New Microsoft Edge browser lets people quickly browse, read, and mark up and share the Web.
- Continuum optimizes apps and experiences beautifully across touch and desktop modes.
- Built-in apps including Photos; Maps; Microsoft’s new music app, Groove; and Movies & TV offer entertainment and productivity options. With OneDrive, files can be easily shared and kept up-to-date across all devices.
- The all new Office Mobile apps for Windows 10 tablets are available today in the Windows Store3. Built for work on-the-go, the Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps offer a consistent, touch-first experience for small tablets.
- And for all your digital note taking needs, the full featured OneNote app comes pre-installed with Windows 10.
- The upcoming release of the Office desktop apps (Office 2016) will offer our richest feature set for professional content creation. Designed for the precision of a keyboard and mouse, these apps will be optimized for large screen PCs, laptops, and 2-in-1 devices like the Surface Pro.