The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and its companion device the Galaxy Gear are now officially available in the Philippines. The Galaxy Note 3 carries a suggested retail price of P36,990, while the Galaxy Gear is priced at P13,990.
The Galaxy Note 3 is the latest version of the successful Samsung product introduced two years ago that started the trend for bigger screen smartphone enjoyed with use of the S Pen.
Galaxy Note 1 was introduced as the perfect tool for business mobile warriors and the creative people and as such it gained a lot of following. And the latest Galaxy Note 3 features tons of improvements that will surely attract more following and converts.
On Saturday, September 28, Samsung will hold a first day sale promo for the Galaxy Note 3, happening at Samsung Experience stores in SM Aura, SM Mall of Asia, SM City Cebu, SM Consolacion, SM Davao, and SM Lanang.
Purchase of the Galaxy Note 3 on that day will automatically provide a discount of P3,000 off the original price or you pay only P33,990.
People who will line up for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 First Day Promo from 10 am to 2 pm will have the chance to win discount voucher of P3,000 for the Galaxy Gear. (Click here for the mechanics of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 First Day Promo)
Telco giants Globe Telecom and Smart Communications have also began offering the Galaxy Note 3 through their pre-order portals:
Smart Pre Order Page for Galaxy Note 3
Globe Pre Order Page for Galaxy Note 3
Five new features Galaxy Note 3 that you will fall in love with:
Galaxy Note 3 is more multitasker than ever. A press of the S Pen while hovering over the screen will activate a palette of 5 features (Air Command). These features or apps, which are mostly productivity tools, are better enjoyed with the use of the S Pen.
1. ACTION MEMO. You can handwrite a note and convert what you’ve written down on the screen into a formatted content. For example, you’ve written down a name, a phone number and an address, or to-do list. You can opt to save them as a new contact or directly call the number, or better yet, look up the address in the Google Map, or save the info in the To-Do List app
2. SCRAPBOOK. You can organize or track down content and information from various sources, including the web, YouTube and Gallery in one place, which serves as a reference for an idea or work that you’re doing.
3. SCREENWRITE. Capture the full screen image of the current page on the device and write comments or additional information onto the captured image.
4. S FINDER. Search content on the device regardless of type. Put in key words or filters such as date, location, and content type and you can search related contents, events, communication threads, and even the Help page—all in one place. You can also search for hand-written content on the Notes and memo applications, as well as symbols and formulas.
5. PEN WINDOW. Using the S Pen, draw a box onto the screen and the action will prompt a small application window to pop out. You can now access YouTube, calculator or Browser without pausing current activity on the screen.
In addition, there’s also the improved S Note app, which now presents a comprehensive solution that enables writing, organizing, editing and browsing notes with a user-friendly interface and the Easy Chart feature. The new S Note can also be synced with Evernote or a Samsung account and be enabled for accessing and viewing from different devices.
Furthermore, when a user wants only a certain part of an image to be taken from the web or Note 3 content, the advanced new Easy Clip feature allows them to roughly draw around the desired image and then it converts that content into a more precisely cropped image.
The LTE-enabled Samsung GALAXY Note 3 comes with a wider (5.7inch) full HD Super AMOLED display, yet slimmer (8.3mm) and lighter (168g) hardware design, and more powerful and longer lasting (3,200mAh) battery.