Still trying to figure out how you could get the iPhone 5 without shelling too much cash?
Well, here’s some good news: Apple certified pre-owned iPhone 5 is now available in the Philippines, exclusively in open line multi-brand retail channels.
The Apple iPhone 5 Certified Pre-owned is NTC registered and comes with a full 1 year warranty valid in all Apple Service centers nationwide.
The iPhone 5 Certified Pre-owned sells for only Php23,699 for the 16 GB, while the 32 GB sells for Php24,999.
Apple Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned Apple products that undergo a rigorous refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale. Apple back these products with a standard one-year limited warranty.
As to the quality of the refurbished product, you don’t have to worry a bit as Apple’s refurbishment process is quite in order:
• Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product is fully tested (including full burn-in testing).
• The unit is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing.
• It is thoroughly cleaned and inspected
• It is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.) includes the operating software originally shipped with the unit and the custom software offered with that system.
• It is given a new refurbished part number and serial number
• is placed into a final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock.
Refurbishment procedures follow the same basic technical guidelines as Apple’s Finished Goods testing procedures giving the product an assurance that the unit meets Apple’s premiere quality standards, and that its defective components have been replaced by genuine Apple components.
Other refurbished Apple products, for specific products (not the iPhone 5), are available online at http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals.