It doesn’t come as a surprise anymore that Dell has finally released its Ultrabook product the Dell XPS 13 as other top PC brands already released their Ultrabooks.
Dell may be among the last to announce the local availability of its ultrabook, but the major American IT company practically ensured that its Ultrabook Dell XPS 13 is the prettiest and featured with sturdy high-end materials such as carbon fiber, Corning Gorilla glass apart from metallic top cover.
As an Ultrabook category, Dell XPS 13 weighs only 3 lbs and housed in an 11-inch body with a full 13-inch display. Dell was able to accomplish fitting of a 13-inch display by removing the bezel, thus making the Gorilla glass screen hug the edges and allowing for a compact and small laptop–but still with a bigger screen to enjoy.
As an Ultrabook, Dell XPS 13 is razor thin with measurements of only 0.24-0.71-inch/6-18mm.
As an Ultrabook, Dell XPS 13 has a top metallic chassis, but underneath is carbon fiber base, rendering the laptop with extra durability and cooling. The keyboard is full size and backlit as well. In addition, battery life is pegged at 9 hours.
Dell XPS 13 is one of the first systems with Intel Smart Connect Technology, which keeps content consistently updated. A solid state drive and Intel Rapid Start Technology allow the Dell XPS 13 to boot in seconds providing almost instant access, saving time and battery life.
“We’re seeing strong consumer and business demand for the new Dell XPS 13 – a system that is unlike anything else on the market today,” said Christopher Papa, Dell Philippines – Country Manager. “The XPS 13 demands attention, crossing the realm between work and play, packing powerful technology into a small, portable package and delivering enterprise-friendly protection and security. It’s the ultimate mobile device.”
Underscoring its business-ready features, Alvin Patrick Go, product manager of Dell Philippines said, “The uncompromising Dell XPS 13 offers professionals the power to connect, collaborate and innovate with unique features and services – like Dell ProSupport and Trusted Platform Module – that satisfy the needs of enterprise IT departments.”
SRP: P59,590 for the XPS 13 with Intel Core i5 and 128 GB SSD; P71,990 for the XPS 13 with Intel Core i5 256 GB SSD; and P79,990 for the XPS 13 with Intel Core i7 and 256 SSD.
• Ultrathin laptop (0.24-0.71-inch/6-18mm) and light starting at 2.99lbs[ii]
• 13.3-inch HD WLED, 300-nit (1366×768) 720p; edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla® Glass
• Precision crafted machined aluminum with a carbon fiber base
• 128 GB SSD or 256 GB SSD drive options[viii] with Intel Rapid Start Technology
• Intel Core i5 2467M and i7 2637M processor choices
• Intel HD 3000 video graphics
• 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333Mhz memory[ix]
• Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard
• Glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
• 47WHr 6-cell battery offering up to eight hours, 53 minutes of battery life[v]; 45W AC adaptor
• Dell ProSupport[vi] for business customers, Windows Trusted Platform Module options for commercial models, and coming later this year, Dell Configuration Services
• Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
• USB 3.0 (1) + USB 2.0 with PowerShare (1), mini DisplayPort, and headset jack (1)
• Built-in 1.3MP webcam (H.264 enabled via Skype) with dual array digital microphones
• High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio 4
• Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 Professional